Monday, January 19, 2009

How to Be Honest with Yourself. Tips

Hello all,
These are tips that I've read a while ago and wanted to share them with you.


1. Choose a focus for your introspection. Good ones include goals, career, money, family, spirituality, and love.

2. Set some time aside for yourself. Get up earlier or later than your family, or find a quiet space where you can sit and think. Some people think better while doing some other simple task (such as laundry) or while walking. Find out what works for you.

3. Take stock. What is your life all about? What is your purpose in it? What are you good at? What could you improve?

4. Be objective. Self-reflection and assessment can be a very emotional matter, but try to be detached.

5. Be specific. What have you accomplished, why did you do it? What would you like to accomplish? What bothers you? Why does it bother you? What do you like about yourself?

6. Keep things in perspective. So you haven't won your Nobel Peace Prize yet. Neither have most of the rest of us. You're only human, and nobody, including yourself, should expect perfection of you.

7. Write things down. Putting something in words helps you to be specific. You can write in whatever way you feel comfortable expressing yourself, be it lists, notes, cartoons, drawings, or maps. If you're not a writer, consider talking into a tape recorder or recording your thoughts some other way.

8. Consider the good and the bad, both. One way businesses do this is with a "SWOT" diagram. Take four pages or sections of a page and write in them the following
Strengths. What are you best at? What do you love doing and do just for the passion of it? What do others compliment you on or tell you you're good at? Once you have these listed, consider how you can make them even better, or use them to your advantage.

To read more on that go to the link: http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Honest-with-Yourself

No comments:

Glad You Are Here!

Myspace Calendars at WishAFriend.com

Scorpio

Scorpio
Powerful, Independent, Strong, and Probing.

About Me

My photo
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
I have nothing specific to say, people are not interested anymore in what others say, but most likely interested in what others DO or DON'T DO! I'm simply HUMAN. not afraid of admitting my mistakes and I am beyond doubt disposed to work on my flaws. BTY! I'm painfully straightforward (Rude) sometimes, but eventually you would know I was right. Can't change that! Am a Scorpio after all! I have a favorite quote which I go by: I walk the way I talk. My friends know that my TOP favorite quotes are: 1. MIND MAP! 2. Welcome to Saudi Arabia. and they sure know what I mean! I worked as a teacher, a supervisor and now I'm a curriculum developer in the MOE. I have 3 kids and they are my life time investment.

Myspace Clocks at WishAFriend.com